[vlc-devel] commit: Set the proper flags for item options ( Rémi Denis-Courmont )

Rémi Denis-Courmont rdenis at simphalempin.com
Tue Mar 18 20:57:14 CET 2008

Le Monday 17 March 2008 21:11:31 git version control, vous avez écrit :
> vlc | branch: master | Rémi Denis-Courmont <rem at videolan.org> | Mon Mar 17
> 19:38:21 2008 +0200| [208d017e7c250518e1601a9610cec0866012ca37]
>
> Set the proper flags for item options

^^ That was for M3U.

I am not sure how XSPF works. It seems like it does not handle item options,
which sucks as far as it's used for a "persistent" VLC playlist. On the other
hand, security would suck if it did handle the item options...

Ideally, it would handle item options (but I guess that would be
non-standard), yet it would read the file directly, rather than through the
potentially insecure access/input chain (as with --vlm-conf). That would also
remove the need for the huge XSPF loader hack w.r.t. --sout and friends.

I'm also confused as to how the ':sout='-style per-item options are handled.
Is that specific to the command line? Where is it handled (could not find
itso far)?

Finally, the browsers plugin are still broken. I guess libvlc-control lacks
support for untrusted input item at the moment.

http://www.remlab.net/