[vlc-devel] commit: Set the proper flags for item options ( Rémi Denis-Courmont )

Rafaël Carré funman at videolan.org
Tue Mar 18 21:41:04 CET 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 21:57 +0200, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> Le Monday 17 March 2008 21:11:31 git version control, vous avez écrit :
> > vlc | branch: master | Rémi Denis-Courmont <rem at videolan.org> | Mon Mar 17
> > 19:38:21 2008 +0200| [208d017e7c250518e1601a9610cec0866012ca37]
> >
> > Set the proper flags for item options
>
> ^^ That was for M3U.
>
> I am not sure how XSPF works. It seems like it does not handle item options,
> which sucks as far as it's used for a "persistent" VLC playlist. On the other
> hand, security would suck if it did handle the item options...

It does not handle options, but rather inherit options from the parent
(the playlist file itself) like all playlist demuxers.

> Ideally, it would handle item options (but I guess that would be
> non-standard), yet it would read the file directly, rather than through the
> potentially insecure access/input chain (as with --vlm-conf). That would also
> remove the need for the huge XSPF loader hack w.r.t. --sout and friends.

That would require some extension (doable with xml, we already have one
for the tree hierarchy).

Tell me if you need some info / help.

--
Rafaël Carré <funman at videolan.org>