[vlc-devel] skins2 skin choser

Rafaël Carré funman at videolan.org
Sun Mar 23 16:51:24 CET 2008

2008/3/22, Tomasz Moń <desowin at gmail.com>:
> Dnia Saturday 22 marzec 2008, Rafaël Carré napisał:
>
> > Skin choser shouldn't be a special config defined in libvlc, just use
>  > add_string() in the module declaration.
>

> I don't quite know how to do this using add_string()
>  Please point me the right way.

Well it's a normal string option, and you check/use its value when
your module is loaded/running.

One of the arguments of add_string() is a function pointer. You should
check if it's enough for your needs, and so remove the special
configuration item.

>  > You use 2 different ways to define QString path is that wanted or you
>  > left unwanted debug code ?
>

> One is system global path, the other one is user local.
>  So it's wanted.

My fault I didn't read carefullily

>  >  QIcon(/*preview.png*/), << are you missing the unzipping code here to
>  > do what you want ?
>

> Exactly, I'm missing way to gain skin preview.

Ok we will fix that later :)

>  > +        // Do nothing is skins2 is not the main interface
>  > +        if( var_Type( p_intf, "skin-to-load" ) == VLC_VAR_STRING )
>  >
>  > I'm not really sure how this defines if skins2 is the main interface.
>

> I've based my code on
>  modules/gui/skins2/src/skin_main.cpp

You can safely remove that code and assume skins2 is the main interface.

>  I've attached updated patch.

J-b will be better that me to comment on qt4 code :)

--
Rafaël Carré