[vlc-devel] commit: Require gettext 0.16.1 ( Rafaël Carré )

Rafaël Carré funman at videolan.org
Sun Mar 23 17:39:01 CET 2008

2008/3/23, Rémi Denis-Courmont <rdenis at simphalempin.com>:
> Le Sunday 23 March 2008 18:07:58 git version control, vous avez écrit :
>
> > vlc | branch: master | Rafaël Carré <funman at videolan.org> | Sun Mar 23
>  > 16:08:13 2008 +0000| [126306281bcb5dbf58fc5c6c6e28d0caf08e6a50]
>  >
>  > Require gettext 0.16.1
>

> What the ***?
>
>  I'm not committing anything until this goes away.
>  I don't feel like playing commit wars.

Nor do I.

Maybe you will explain us why gettext 0.17 was needed.

You DO know that it breaks lot of other setups which are still using
gettext 0.16.1
Not everybody wants to bother manually packaging gettext, we have
better things to do than that.

You were asked many times why this requirement was committed in the
first place, but silently ignored us.

b6c4b86572acf4b32e7bf1e929baec940e259d31 , even if not containing my
real name, was telling that to you one more time, but you again
silently ignored.

Now if there is a priviliged way to contact king courmisch the
almighty, then tell me because i'm getting more and more bored of you.

I now wonder if you feel like being part of the team at all: being
harsh on the mailing list, ignoring the trac milestones, ignoring
questions from other members of the team.
Maybe you have problems with some people, like me, then TELL IT EXPLICITELY
We can't guess what are your problems, and there is no way to solve
them if you don't tell us.
Maybe you are more skilled than the rest of us for programmation, but
that is no help if you don't feel part of the team.
I'm sure there is a lot of things to do in the Free Software world,
plenty of projects you could do alone.
You can even propose your help to Ulrich Drepper or Linus Torvalds,
supposing you took them as example when writing emails.

Hope to solve this problem quickly, I'm open to discussion, and you
have my private mail if this is something you don't want to extand on
a public list : rafael.carre at gmail.com (also available from Jabber).

--
Rafaël Carré