[vlc-devel] commit: Require gettext 0.16.1 ( Rafaël Carré )

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne.videolan at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 23 18:02:01 CET 2008

On 23.03.2008, at 17:47, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> Do I have to assume you cannot read the gettext and libtool
> changelog? If so,
> you're beyond my help, sorry.
I personally don't do this kind of stuff, no. gettext is a library
that just needs to work for me, like most of the 30+ dependencies also
need to. As long as they do want I want them to, I don't care about
their internals. Obviously, there are other people in this project and
I'm particularly glad about this. Just because there is no need for me
to care.

However, if upgrading a library is necessary and breaks other
platforms, please be more specific on the reasons for the upgrade.
People like me don't know about and in fact, I'm not willing to spend
time on reading these logs for the not too likely event that I find
the note you are referring to, i.e. the one that made it is necessary
for you to upgrade gettext. Thus, please explain this decision. Don't
shout at other team members, who may know less than you. Share your
thoughts!

Best,
Felix