[vlc-devel] libvlc_media_list_path_t

Pierre d'Herbemont pdherbemont at free.fr
Sun Mar 23 19:08:27 CET 2008

On Mar 23, 2008, at 12:17 PM, Filippo Carone wrote:
> Hi Pierre,
> I'm trying to fix the current libvlc_media_list implementation, but I
> need some hints.

You meant libvlc_media_list_player_t right?

> I'm currently not understanding the aim of the
> libvlc_media_list_parentlist_at_path function, and that's because I
> don't get the correct relation between the media_list and the path.

basically a media_list_path points to an item in the media_list
hierarchy. (Given that a media_list's item is a media_descriptor and
that a media_descriptor's subitems is a media_list).

> Let's sum up what I understood so far about the media_list_path_t
>
> - it is an array of int

Yes, if I recall well.

> - it stores the position of media_descriptors contained in media_lists

Yes.

> - the only point libvlc_media_list->path_of_current_playing_item is
> assigned a media_list_path_t value is in libvlc_media_list_player_next
> (it's always NULL before)

Yes.

> Before continuing, are the previous statements true?

Yes.

Please note that the libvlc_media_list_player was designed before the
media_list_view, and I think we need indeed to read a media_list_view
rather than a media_list internally.

Pierre.