[vlc-devel] A question about a idea of GSoC VLC project

suheaven suheaven at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 12:59:51 CET 2008

Hi, my name is Hang Su, a graduate student from the Graduate University of Chinese Academy of Sciences .
I'm interested in the GSoC VLC project and I think it will be a great opportunity to practice my skill of programming and team working if I can take part in the GSoC programme of VLC.
UPnP media service is my interested point as I have studied and solved the NAT travesual problem using the method of UPnP for a Live streaming broadcast programme 1 year ago.
Here I'm wondering about the request ' Having a cross platform solution is almost a must' listed under the title of UPnP media service . Does that means the developer should give out different versions of the UPnP module for different platforms(Windows/ Linux)? Or the whole VLC solution could give out the adapter layer for different platforms to make the differencese invisible ?
You can contact me by email : suheaven at gmail.com . Thank you !
Waiting for your answers !

suheaven
2008-03-29