[vlc-devel] Summer of Code: GUI interfaces for the browsers plug-ins

Jean-Paul Saman jpsaman at videolan.org
Fri May 2 18:48:49 CEST 2008

Vladimir Belousov wrote:
> Hello everybody!
>
> I am glad to inform that I was accepted to work on VLC development.
>
> My project is to develop GUI for the Firefox plug-in, create similar
> IE add-on, "provide a replacement for all preconfigured media players
> embedded in web pages".
> The project's wiki page is
> http://wiki.videolan.org/SoC_2008/GUI_interfaces_for_the_browsers_plug-ins
> Any extra ideas are welcome!

In the current code there is already a gui, called toolbar, for Firefox
in the works. You could extend, improve that one. For IE nothing has
been done yet, apart from adding the same functions to enable/disable
the toolbar as under firefox.

There are a few guidelines you need to keep in mind. The Java Script API
for IE/Firefox/Mozilla/Safari should be exactly the same.

> Thanks to everyone who made it possible to develop VLC during summer!
> I think I'll continue my collaboration with videolan and further.
>
> Yours sincerely, Vladimir Belousov
> P.S. Sorry for being late, I was very busy taking exams at my
> institute. I want to take them all as soon as possible and fully
> concentrate on the VLC development.

Don't hesitate to ask help or questions on this mailing list.

Thanks and good luck.

Jean-Paul Saman.