[vlc-devel] Summer of Code: GUI interfaces for the browsers plug-ins

Justus-bulk at Piater.name Justus-bulk at Piater.name
Fri May 2 20:47:46 CEST 2008

"hannes_b at gmx.at" <hannes_b at gmx.at> wrote on Fri, 02 May 2008 19:58:52
+0200:

> Jean-Paul Saman wrote:
>
>> - toolbar vissible by default
>> - toolbar should be possible to disable by webdesigner with JS API.
>> - toolbar should not be autohiding (think users won't understand)
>
> if the webdesigner can hide the toolbar how should a user understand?
>
> give the user the toolbar!

In principle I agree with you, but I agree with Jean-Paul because this
allows power users to write custom Web pages with magic functionality
for their own use. See my other post, to follow in a minute.

Justus