[vlc-devel] Summer of Code: GUI interfaces for the browsers plug-ins

Justus-bulk at Piater.name Justus-bulk at Piater.name
Fri May 2 21:01:08 CEST 2008

Hello Vladimir,

Great news!

Maybe my needs are somewhat outlandish, but it would be great if your
design will be so flexible that I can reuse it in my "speaker"
setup. See
http://www.montefiore.ulg.ac.be/~piater/presentations/speaker/speaker.xhtml#foil05
and hit 'A' (shift-A) with focus on the browser window. An external
window should open; see the other "slides" for details.

Here, there are two videos with two sets of controls each (this only
works with the VLC Mozilla plugin), one to control the speaker's view,
the other to remote-control the audience's view (click the "init"
button to activate the progress bar). Play around with them. You can
even click into the progress bar to seek within the video.

My quickly-hacked Javascript is apparently buggy, but your solution
will be better :-).

Best,
Justus