[vlc-devel] Summer of Code: GUI interfaces for the browsers plug-ins

Justus-bulk at Piater.name Justus-bulk at Piater.name
Sat May 3 08:06:25 CEST 2008

> then firefox crashed, ff 3 beta 5, vlc 0.8.6f

Sorry, but the quality problems are on VLC's side (perhaps in addition
to Firefox'?). VLC contains a bunch of non-const statics, but plugins
all share the same (the browser's) address space, and this Web page of
mine contains two instances of the VLC plugin. See an earlier thread
on this list, just a few days ago. There may also be other problems; I
have not tried to run VLC inside valgrind.

Start with the git code; it has evolved a lot since 0.8.6f. The git
version usually works with my page (at least the one I checked out, on
my machine/OS/configuration/browsing history/...), though only by
chance.

I just verified it (mostly) works with Firefox 3 Beta 5, even though
the audience's view shows only one of the two videos. Very strange.

The speaker's view of the first video does not work properly unless I
load the page locally (not through a Web server). Also very strange.

Justus