[vlc-devel] commit: generated files from axvlc.idl by midl(VisualStudio 2008) ( Anthony Loiseau )

Remi Denis-Courmont rdenis at simphalempin.com
Tue May 6 11:36:31 CEST 2008

On Tue,  6 May 2008 10:22:02 +0200 (CEST), git at videolan.org (git version
control) wrote:
> vlc | branch: master | Anthony Loiseau <anthony.loiseau at gmail.com> | Fri
> Apr 25 14:18:58 2008 +0200| [4dd87e5b15e3c55a90642027f256479942731815]
>
> generated files from axvlc.idl by midl (VisualStudio 2008)

Is it not a violation of the GPL to commit generated files? Do we have the
necessary scripts for anyone to regenerate them, with "anything that is
normally distributed (in either source or binary form) with the major
components (compiler, kernel, and so on) of the operating system on which
the executable runs, unless that component itself accompanies the
executable" (last time I checked, VisualStudio was not part of Windows, by
the way)

This also does not seem to be in the spirit of the license.

http://www.remlab.net