[vlc-devel] File dumping for PSNR computation

Samir Selman samir_s at MIT.EDU
Tue May 6 13:30:14 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am streaming MPEG-2 video from a server to a client over RTP using MPEG/ts.
The video at the client contains losses due to the channel. I need to calculate
the quality(PSNR) of the received file wrt the sent file at the client, HOWEVER
the received file at the client contains much less number of frames than the
original file which is not allowing me to compute PSNR correctly.

Does anyone know how I can make VLC use error concealment in a way that allows
the final number of frames at the client to be the same as the original file
regardless of the losses on the channel? So for example if a frame was lost on
the channel the previous frame can be redisplayed and thus the total number of
frames will remain the same.

Thank you in advance for your help and I really hope you can help me in this.

Best Regards,

~Samir Selman