[vlc-devel] i18n: Nynorsk

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at chewa.net
Wed May 7 20:15:42 CEST 2008

Hello,

> On Thu, May 01, 2008, Eirik B. wrote:
> >    Hi. I want to start the translation of VLC into Norwegian (nynorsk), code:
> >    nn . Can you send me a localization file for this?
>
> VLC currently has a Norwegian (bokmål) translation. I don't know if the
> two languages have anything in common or not. If they do, you could use
> that translation as a basis for the new one
> ( http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc.git;a=blob_plain;f=po/nb.po ). Else you
> can just take the vlc.pot file (
> http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc.git;a=blob_plain;f=po/vlc.pot ). Make
> sure that you change the language specific headers in the .po file (in
> poEdit that's called preferences or settings or something like that).

I've generated such a file and placed it at
http://people.videolan.org/~xtophe/l10n/trunk/nn.po

Make sure to use UTF-8 as encoding and if you have any question ask here
or on IRC on #videolan on irc.freenode.net

The po files are too big to be sent on the mailing list so when you have
done a bit you can put it on internet or send it directly to dioneoa or
me.

Thanks

--
Xtophe