[vlc-devel] main libvlc error: input item... when calling libvlc_release

Pierre d'Herbemont pdherbemont at free.fr
Sat May 10 16:18:52 CEST 2008

Hi Jacques,

On May 9, 2008, at 5:56 PM, jboileau wrote:

> If I don't add options or if I only add
> ":sout-all" I don't have a problem, but if I add both options then it
> crashes when I do the libvlc_release.

Is the problem really related to the number of options, or to the
options used?

> int   lNbOptions = 9;
> const char* lOptions[] =
> 	{"C:\\Program Files\\VideoLAN\\VLC-0.9.0\\plugins",
> 	"--intf=dummy",
> 	"--no-media-library",
> 	"--no-one-instance",
> 	"--reset-plugins-cache",
> 	"--no-stats",
> 	"--no-video-title-show",
> 	"-vvv",
> 	"--file-logging"};

(Just a note, you may want to use also the "--ignore-config" vlc
option, so that local vlc config won't interfer)

> aLibVLCMedia = libvlc_media_new(aLibVLCInstance,
> "c:\\projects\\libvlctest\\debug\\test.avi", &lLibVLCException);
> libvlc_media_add_option(aLibVLCMedia, ":sout=#duplicate{dst=display}",
> &lLibVLCException);

I do believe that this option is the issue. What may be happening is
that the input thread is not properly halted.

So this could be not directly related to the libvlc-control layer, but
probably to vlc's core. It would be nice to investigate more...

Pierre.