[vlc-devel] Problem with compiling vlc in cygwin

Son Tran son.minh.tran at gmail.com
Wed May 14 09:53:40 CEST 2008

Dear all,
Would you please help me to solve the following problems  I faced to when
trying to compile le VLC 0.9.0-git in cygwin
1- Telnet inteface is not available: When starting the compiled vlc with
"vlc -I telnet", I can see the vlc run in the background, but when I try to
connect to it using the dafaut port 4212, I can see VLC asks for the
password, but immediately, the connection is lost.
2- Live555 is not available: Although I used the option --enabled-live555
with the proper path, I cannot open a RTSP stream
Thank you very much for your help
Regards
Son