[vlc-devel] Problem with receiving/playing H.264 RTSP/RTP streams in VLC on wince

张丽娜 zhanglina.tz at gmail.com
Thu May 15 13:17:06 CEST 2008

Dear all,

I have compiled vlc-0.8.4 version for wince with live555 libs. It receives
and plays MPEG4 RTSP/RTP streams OK.

But when receiving/playing H.264 RTSP/RTP streams, I got blank sceen, but
audio is OK. And the vlc-log says

ffmpeg warning: cannot decode one frame (6352 bytes)

I traced to libavcodec, and found that

s->picture_number==0

It seems that the vlc does not parse the NALs correctly. But the vlc-0.8.4
win32 on Windows can do receiving/playing H.264 RTSP/RTP streams correctly.
Do I need to revise the vlc source code because of some different features
of WINCE and Windows, like big endian/little endian,etc?

May someone give me some directions? Many thanks!

Regards,
zln