[vlc-devel] commit: Disable the default compilation of cmake as its support is to-be-removed. ( Felix Paul Kühne )

Pierre d'Herbemont pdherbemont at free.fr
Sat May 24 18:38:49 CEST 2008

On May 24, 2008, at 6:30 PM, Felix Paul Kühne wrote:

> On 24.05.2008, at 18:10, Rafaël Carré wrote:
>
>> I wasn't aware, can you detail please ?
>
> Sure. Right now, Pierre is the only maintainer of the cmake scripts.
> As he got further commitments, he won't have the time to maintain the
> scripts for the next few years, which is why he plans to remove the
> support for it again.

Well, I have to clarify here. I don't plan to remove support (that is
the extras/buildsystem/cmake directory). I do plan to stop using cmake
for the Mac OS X Framework as there will always be a lag and breakages.

Note, there were some nice improvments to our autotools buildsystem
lately, yet cmake is still way faster than libtool/autotools
combinaison for most operations.

Pierre.