[vlc-devel] commit: Disable the default compilation of cmake as its support is to-be-removed. ( Felix Paul Kühne )

Rafaël Carré funman at videolan.org
Sat May 24 19:40:58 CEST 2008

Le Sat, 24 May 2008 19:13:14 +0200,
Rafaël Carré <funman at videolan.org> a écrit :

> Le Sat, 24 May 2008 19:55:40 +0300,
> Rémi Denis-Courmont <rdenis at simphalempin.com> a écrit :

> > Also, if you're building a package for installation, you should
> > really: ./configure --enable-fast-install --disable-maintainer-mode
>
> Thanks for the tips :P

FWIW : here is my compilation script with some modifs I had to make
(mkdir)

I then put a PATH=$HOME/inst-vlc/bin:$PATH in my .zshrc

You can also specify a export
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$HOME/inst-ffmpeg/lib/pkgconfig before configuring vlc,
and LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$HOME/inst-ffmpeg/lib in .zshrc to build VLC
against a home-built ffmpeg.

Same applies for other libraries.

Have fun :p

--