[vlc-devel] subpicture channels and vout_ShowTextAbsolute

Antoine Cellerier dionoea at videolan.org
Mon May 26 10:45:22 CEST 2008

On Fri, May 23, 2008, jboileau wrote:
> I guess I should have stated that I am not using the vlc executable
> but an application I am developing using libvlc. I need to add this
> functionnality to libvlc. The marquee filter may also be an option in
> this configuration but I thought vout_ShowTextAbsolute to be simpler.
> Since I need more than one line/zone of text, I felt the marquee would
> be a more complicated route. I guess I would need more than one
> marquee, but then how would I address them independently to update
> their respectuve text?

That question is partially addressed by the NEWS file (0.9.0, Important notes).

Basically (using vlc command line but the same would apply using libvlc
i guess):
vlc --sub-filter 'marq at foo{marquee=123}:marq at bar{marquee=abc}'

You can the find the specific instances using:
 vlc_object_find_name( p_some_object, "foo", FIND_ANYWHERE );

(Note that an object's name default's to the underlying module's name.)

Regards,

--
Antoine Cellerier
dionoea