[vlc-devel] default freetype font with maemo environment

Remi Denis-Courmont rdenis at simphalempin.com
Tue May 27 09:30:32 CEST 2008

On Mon, 26 May 2008 22:49:25 +0200, Rafaël Carré <funman at videolan.org>
wrote:
> Le Mon, 26 May 2008 22:45:32 +0200,
> lokidor <lokidor at lokiserv.ath.cx> a écrit :
>
>> Perhaps this is too much applied to Nokia maemo platforms but this is
>> a patch to correct this error :
>> freetype filter error: failed to load font file
>> /usr/share/fonts/truetype/freefont/FreeSerifBold.ttf
>
> Looks fine, but isn't there another way to detect maemo platform ?

Maemo binaries/packages are unlikely to run on anything except Maemo
devices anyway. Hence, using ifdefs seems better to me, than doing run-time
detection.

Generally, that the default font path is routinely patched by Linux distro
(Debian does it too), so we should perhaps do something more generic (using
fontconfig??).

http://www.remlab.net