[vlc-devel] Changes to libvlc_new? libvlc_run_interface?

jboileau jboileau at gmail.com
Thu May 29 16:46:05 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have downloaded last night sources and built them succesfully. Yeah!
That`s a reflief from the ffmpeg errors I was getting. Good work guys.
Unfortunatly thought, my win32 application based on libvlc does not
run properly now. In debug it hangs on libvlc_new, in release the
media player is NULL (see code below). It worked with the May 15
sources. Apart from the name change of the DLLs, is there any other
changes I should adapt to? I saw that there is a new function:
libvlc_run_interface. Is it something I should be using now?

Thanks,

Jacques Boileau

int   lNbOptions = 9;
const char* lOptions[] =
	{"C:\\cygwin\\VLC\\vlc-0.9.0-git\\plugins",
	"--intf=dummy",
	"--no-media-library",
	"--no-one-instance",
	"--reset-plugins-cache",
	"--no-stats",
	"--no-video-title-show",
	"-vvv",
	"--file-logging"};

libvlc_exception_init(&lLibVLCException);
aLibVLCInstance = libvlc_new(lNbOptions, lOptions, &lLibVLCException);
aLibVLCMediaPlayer = libvlc_media_player_new(aLibVLCInstance,
&lLibVLCException);
aLibVLCEventManager =
libvlc_media_player_event_manager(aLibVLCMediaPlayer,
&lLibVLCException);
libvlc_event_attach(aLibVLCEventManager, libvlc_MediaPlayerEndReached,
mMediaPlayerEndReached, this, &lLibVLCException);

aLibVLCMedia = libvlc_media_new(aLibVLCInstance,
"c:\\projects\\libvlctest\\debug\\test.avi", &lLibVLCException);
libvlc_media_player_set_media(aLibVLCMediaPlayer, aLibVLCMedia,
&lLibVLCException);

libvlc_media_player_play(aLibVLCMediaPlayer, &lLibVLCException);