[vlc-devel] Changes to libvlc_new? libvlc_run_interface?

Pierre d'Herbemont pdherbemont at free.fr
Thu May 29 17:27:40 CEST 2008

On May 29, 2008, at 4:46 PM, jboileau wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have downloaded last night sources and built them succesfully. Yeah!
> That`s a reflief from the ffmpeg errors I was getting. Good work guys.
> Unfortunatly thought, my win32 application based on libvlc does not
> run properly now.

VLC is undergoing some sanitization in core... And this sanitization
triggers some deep libvlccore bugs. That may explain. It may stabilize
in the following week or months.

> In debug it hangs on libvlc_new, in release the
> media player is NULL (see code below).

Didn't get it. Do you have a backtrace?

> It worked with the May 15
> sources. Apart from the name change of the DLLs, is there any other
> changes I should adapt to? I saw that there is a new function:
> libvlc_run_interface. Is it something I should be using now?

libvlc_run_interface is expecially useful for vlc. It starts the given
or the default interface module.

So basically I don't think you want to use it, appart if you want to
start a telnet backdoor in your app :)

Pierre.