[vlc-devel] compile with macosx10.5 SDK

Georg Seifert georg.seifert at gmx.de
Tue Nov 4 12:00:24 CET 2008

hello,

I once again try to compile VLC for 10.5 SDK.
I think configured it correctly.

> ./configure --with-macosx-sdk=/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk
and set the SDK path in the extras/contrib/config.mak

  It runs fine in Leopard, but I get this error on Tiger:

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
Referenced from: [..]/VLC-release.app/Contents/MacOS/VLC
Reason: Incompatible library version: VLC requires version 7.0.0 or
later, but libiconv.2.dylib provides version 5.0.0

Can I tell the compiler to set the required libiconv version to 5?

thanks
georg