[vlc-devel] VOD : freeze while the multicast input is not there

Sébastien Escudier sebastien-devel at celeos.eu
Fri Oct 3 16:56:55 CEST 2008

Quoting Rémi Denis-Courmont <rem at videolan.org>:
> > > No. VOD creates one input per client. Contrary to broadcast.
> >
> > I do not agree here.
>
> I personnaly have hard times disagreeing with factual truth.

sorry, I just meant I do not know any way of doing what you suggest.

> > but then you need to stop and play the broadcast to enable this
> > output modification.
>
> No.

After a lot of vlc documentation reading, and looking through available
functions, I did not find out how to do this.
Doing a vlm command like setup media output #duplicate....
doesn't actually change the output, until you stop and play again the file.
So could you point me to a vlc function which can do this?

Thank you