[vlc-devel] Can a contrib be modified on win32?
jboileau at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 13:36:34 CEST 2008
I have been trying to replace live555 with the new version released
yesterday by Ross Finlayson to try the new timeout feature, but up to
now I have been quite unsuccessful. If someone can help, or let me
know if I am wasting my time trying trying to do the impossible, I
would appreciate greatly. What I have tried so far:
1. Copied these contrib to my cygwin dir:
2. Copied the 0.9.4 sources to my cygwin dir :
3. Modified live555.cpp to add timeout parameter in sendOptionsCmd and
4. Copied the latest live555 sources to my cygwin dir:
5. Did the live555 genMakefiles and built it, no errors
6. Did the VLC bootstrap, no errors
7. Created the configure-vlc.sh file with the correct path for live555
and ran it, no errors
8. Launched the VLC make and got errors finding the correct function
signature in RTSPClient.hh for sendOptionsCmd and describeURL. But it
is looking in /usr/win32/include/RTSPClient.hh not in my newly created
I then tried copying the *.h to /usr/win32/include and *.a to
/usr/win32/lib from my live555 dir. Now things compile but I get tons
of undefined at link time in the live555 libraries.
Are there steps I a missing?
More information about the vlc-devel