[vlc-devel] commit: Mark "force-dolby-surround" as deprecated (Christophe Mutricy )

Boris Dores babal at via.ecp.fr
Fri Oct 17 03:04:48 CEST 2008

  Hi,

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 02:13:27AM (GMT+0200), git version control wrote:
> Mark "force-dolby-surround" as deprecated

  May I ask why ? Isn't there any Dolby Surround stream out there
anymore, or has an automatic detection algorithm that I'm not aware of
been written since this option was created ?

  This option is one more reason why, in my humble opinion, the
headphone channel mixer is superior (or at least fills different needs)
than the spatializer filter. But it seems that no one cared to reply to
my previous mail on that subject [1].

[1] http://mailman.videolan.org/pipermail/vlc-devel/2008-July/046417.html

  Cheers.

--