[vlc-devel] 5.1 to stereo plugin with lookahead

Mikel Astiz mastiz at fatronik.com
Tue Oct 28 08:17:29 CET 2008

Hi Rémi,

Thanks for your clear answer. We will probably have to reconsider our initial approach, given the circumstances.

In any case, it will be necessary for us to synchronize the video and the audio, using "Audio desynchronization compensation". You say it can be done, but we haven't managed so far. In a filter, in headphone.c for example, if you change p_aout->pp_inputs[x]->i_desync, the change does not affect the system. Could you please elaborate on this approach?

I would also like to raise another basic question. Is it possible to know (or change) the frequency in which DoWork is called? I mean, our tests show that every call to DoWork is given about 1500 samples, at 30 Hz. Is this a fixed rate? Does it depend on the source being played?

Thanks,
Mikel