[vlc-devel] Preliminary Mac builds

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne.videolan at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 1 15:39:09 CEST 2008

Am 01.09.2008 um 15:16 schrieb Antoine Cellerier:

> On Mon, Sep 01, 2008, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
>> Sure, it would make sense to release 0.9.2 as whatever the OSX
>> build is
>> made with, if it's not 0.9.1. But if OSX is based on 0.9.1, I don't
>> see the
>> point of yet another release that does not work on Windows _anyway_.
>
> Which is why i suggested waiting for the windows builds to work before
> tagging 0.9.2 (and as far as I know the only remaining issues with
> windows are x264 encoding and last.fm submission ... so nothing that
> critical for 99% of our users on that platform).

I do support this. We should tag 0.9.2 only when we are _ready_. We
already spent 2 version numbers on releases which will never appear to
the broad public due to timing instead of bugfixing. Let's wait for j-
b's ok on the win32 builds (whether the x264 stuff is fixed or not)
and then release. Or let us all agree on skipping the win32 release
(which I strongly deny btw.).

Anyway, I'll re-do my OS X builds for 0.9.2 just for the sake of
having working DVD support and to include all the nice fixes fen
committed right after branching ;)

Best,
Felix