[vlc-devel] Windows Builds
jb at videolan.org
Wed Sep 3 06:50:37 CEST 2008
Here are some new builds for windows.
New on those:
- no more crash on last.fm submissions
- no more crash on dvdsimple opening (I still don't understand)
- new SSE and SSE2 modules for chroma conversions and some fastmemcpy
- Compiled in -O3 for all (except skins2 module and Qt4 library)
- More translations
- some DVD fixes
- dlls for libgcrypt, libgpg-error, zlib, freetype, libiconv, avcodec,
Changes (2), (3) and (4) make vlc.exe bigger.
Changes (6) makes it smaller.
plugins/ folder has gone from 44MB to 28MB (+7.5MB)
libvlccore.dll has gone from 1900kB to 822kB
libvlc.dll, axvlc.dll, npvlc.dll have increased between 1kB to 2kB (O3
consequence, I guess).
- x264 encoding makes it crash
- UDP/RTP issue ?!?
- Reading a DVD doesn't put the name in the taskbar
- Other bugs not critical
Reading a DVD with Core2Duo full Mhz in under 10% under Vista.
This version was tested with pr^H BSG DVD, Dude, where's my car DivX
and the usual Mr/Mrs. smith h264/mp4 file.
More information about the vlc-devel