[vlc-devel] commit: Do not ignore teletext initial page (close #1997). (Laurent Aimar )

Marian Ďurkovič md at bts.sk
Mon Sep 8 17:43:04 CEST 2008

> I have backported some of the relevant stuff.
> The simple telx decoder is disabled by default. I guess we should see
> if we can enable it when zvbi is not present.

Thanks, telx now works (on Linux without zvbi). Could not test on Win32
since the branch nightly builder seems to be hung.

BTW, *with* zvbi, we're getting wrong encoding for the 13 characters in
national subsets, even though the debug correctly says:

* es pid=1842 type=6 dr->i_tag=0x56
 * EBU Teletext descriptor
 * ttxt lan=slo page=100

or

* es pid=40 type=6 dr->i_tag=0x56
 * EBU Teletext descriptor
 * ttxt lan=cze page=100

The characters displayed are the western ones. With the simple telx decoder,
this works fine. Is this some bug in zvbi or VLC does not pass info about
teletext language to zvbi properly?

      Thanks & kind regards,

            M.