[vlc-devel] commit: Do not ignore teletext initial page (close #1997). (Laurent Aimar )

Marian Ďurkovič md at bts.sk
Mon Sep 8 19:54:09 CEST 2008

On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 19:01:56 +0200, Derk-Jan Hartman wrote
> > The characters displayed are the western ones. With the simple telx
> > decoder,
> > this works fine. Is this some bug in zvbi or VLC does not pass info
> > about
> > teletext language to zvbi properly?
>
> This information should be passed in the teletext stream itself. The
> language as described in the descriptor should not affect it as far as
>  I know.
>
> And it seems to be requesting utf-8 from zvbi...
> Perhaps we don't set that in the track information, but I think that
> should be automatic.
> Do you have a sample for me to test with ?

Sure - please fetch http://md.bts.sk/telx/ct1.ts

Select teletext page 898 - the test picture.
It should look like this:

http://www.ceskatelevize.cz/teletext/index.php?page=898&ver=&channel=

The capital letters are (mostly) OK, only "Ť" is missing.
However the small special characters at rows 08 and 09 are completely
wrong.

Those characters are transmitted differently - the capitals which require
advanced teletext capabilities work almost fine.

But the small letters are those basic national subsets mentioned in
modules/codec/telx.c:

static const uint16_t ppi_national_subsets[][20] =
{
  { 0x0023, 0x016f, 0x010d, 0x0165, 0x017e, 0x00fd, 0x00ed, 0x0159,
    0x00e9, 0x00e1, 0x0115, 0x00fa, 0x0161 }, /* czech,slovak  ,011 */

   With kind regards,

        M.