[vlc-devel] Mux module that dump subtitle in transport stream

Alex Frignani bongo84 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 03:55:44 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I have modify /modules/demux/subtitle.c for load into transport stream a
generic text file. Now i want to extract the subtitle information from
transport stream and save it in a new file. I try to write mux module that
dump subtitle in transport stream in a new file but doesn't work. I am a
beginner vlc developer. I have attached the file /modules/mux/subtitle.c.

can someone help me to understand my errors?

I have compile file with command make libmux_subtitle_plugin.so, then copy
file created in /usr/local/lib/vlc/mux.

Is this the correct way to compile and install new module?

thank you very much for the time spent

Alex