[vlc-devel] commit: Do not destroy vout on aspect ratio change only. (Laurent Aimar )

Laurent Aimar fenrir at via.ecp.fr
Thu Sep 11 10:07:31 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008, Marian ??urkovi?? wrote:
> Works fine here (no crashes anymore), however there's one regression - AR change
> is ignored when some video filter (e.g. deinterlace) is active. The reason is
> that in such case, we're modifying filter variables and not real vout variables...
Yes, the pseudo vout filters must backport them to their vout destination and
it is not yet done.

> On the other hand, with AspectCallback it works, since callbacks are forwarded
> through video filters to the real vout. I.e. the AspectCallback is first
> executed on filter variables, then the second time on real vout variables.
> Couldn't we trigger AspectCallback and supply it with new AR - this way we
> probably avoid also code duplication...
 As the AspectCallback is used to specify the aspect ratio of the displayed
video, it works.

 But for vout filter, you cannot be sure that it does not have to modify/use the
new AR.
So each vout filter should be modified to support ASPECT_CHANGE flag.
Of course a common function helper can be developped and used.

--
fenrir