[vlc-devel] Fwd: commit: Do not ignore teletext initial page (close #1997). (Laurent Aimar )

Michael Schimek mschimek at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Sep 11 05:39:31 CEST 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-09 at 17:34 +0200, Derk-Jan Hartman wrote:
> We are having a discussion with about the sample below.
> Apparently zvbi falls back to it's default G0
>
> Is there an easy way to read out all the place where G0 can be
> specified, so that i can verify if it is the source that is simply
> Level1, or that i is zvbi that is missing one of the many places where
> G0 can be specified ?
>
> If i read the spec correctly, G0 can be specified in any of the
> following packets:
>
> X/28/0 format1
> X/28/4
> M/29/0
> M/29/4

Stations can indeed transmit a character set code in these packets, but
not all do. CT1 seems to transmit only the national subset code in the
page header (the lowest 3 bits of the 7 bit character set code), namely
subset 6. The zvbi default is 16, and 16 | 6 selects the Turkish
character set. When you call vbi_teletext_set_default_region(..., 0)
you'll get the Czech/Slovak set, see vbi_font_descriptors[].

You should add a user option to change the default.

> does zvbi support all this ?

I really hope so. ;-)  Except Level 1.5 added another way to transmit
Latin characters in packet 26, as a Latin G0 character with combining
diacritical mark, and Marian found a few gaps in the conversion to
Unicode. I'll release a fixed version shortly.

Michael