[vlc-devel] 0.9.2 SAP

Marian Ďurkovič md at bts.sk
Sun Sep 21 19:05:07 CEST 2008

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 12:00 PM, Rémi Denis-Courmont <rdenis at simphalempin.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 10:40:50 +1000, "George Bray" <georgebray at
> gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> sap debug: missing SDP media description
>> sap debug: missing SDP media description
>
> SDP without m= line. There is nothing useful VLC can do with this.

Not exactly. This and some other SAP failures are triggered by incorrect
order of non-important fields at session level (b=, a= etc.), where the
new SAP parser rejects the whole SAP announcement.

So yes, 0.9.2 accepts noticably less SAPs from the global multicast
network than 0.8.6 and complains very loud with the above messages.

Although SAPs with incorrect order of fields are definitely not RFC
compliant, beeing more liberal in what we accept wouldn't hurt.

    With kind regards,

           M.