[vlc-devel] 0.9.2 SAP

Johann Hanne jhml at gmx.net
Tue Sep 23 13:21:52 CEST 2008

On Sunday 21 September 2008 19:05:07 Marian Ďurkovič wrote:
> Although SAPs with incorrect order of fields are definitely not RFC
> compliant, beeing more liberal in what we accept wouldn't hurt.

The same applies to the time description (t=start end) field. 0.9.2 complains
with "sap debug: missing SDP time description" and ignores the announcement.
Yes, this behavior is RFC compliant, but still annoying, especially because
0.8.x was much more liberal. I know about commercial encoders which will now
fail with vlc now, so IMHO the issue should be addressed. The complaint in
the messages is fine, completely ignoring the announcement not.

Cheers, Johann