[vlc-devel] commit: Fix GCC error message: undefined reference to `__sync_fetch_and_sub_4` (Jean-Paul Saman )

Jean-Paul Saman jpsaman at videolan.org
Mon Sep 22 09:29:29 CEST 2008

Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> Le dimanche 21 septembre 2008 20:45:00 git version control, vous avez écrit :
>> vlc | branch: master | Jean-Paul Saman <jpsaman at videolan.org> | Sun Sep 21
>> 19:42:27 2008 +0200| [ce241ca11ac2e2db3a8c312616906e064772fc11] |
>> committer: Jean-Paul Saman
>>
>> Fix GCC error message: undefined reference to `__sync_fetch_and_sub_4`
>
> Do you seriously think the buildbots have gcc 4.4? A version which is not
> published yet? A version which some Debian report said could not yet build
> VLC...

It is not only my system that is affected, but DimStar, J-Peg and
probably others. It affects at least archlinux, fedora 8 and OpenSuSE
10.2, 10.3 and 11.0.

> I am sick-tired of your selfish "fixes". If your GCC is that broken that it
> does not have the builtin atomics on 386(!) that's not everybody's problem.

Actually it is everybody's problem except those that are running Debian
and according to your reasoning it is ok to break vlc building on every
other platform. What is that for an attitude?

Ah but you just _DO_NOT_ care since your system works !! It means I am
NOT the one who is selfish but YOU.

Listing to your objections it would be best to revert the commit that
introduced this problem. Do you happen to know which one that is? Or do
you not care?

Gtz
Jean-Paul Saman.