[vlc-devel] 0.9.2 SAP

Pierre d'Herbemont pdherbemont at free.fr
Wed Sep 24 14:36:49 CEST 2008

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 1:05 PM, George Bray <georgebray at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 2:24 AM, Rémi Denis-Courmont <rem at videolan.org>
> wrote:
>>
>> It's been available for
>> testing for at least nineteen months now. Nobody ever complained until
>> yesterday. Sorry, that's just too late.
>
> Really?  I usually react when I see your test1, testX versions but looking
> at the list I don't think you followed this tradition with 0.9.2.  If you
> build test versions (and invite testing in forums outside the SVN list) then
> you'll probably get more people testing them.

We had -rcX for 0.9.2, we had even 0.9.0-testX, 0.9.0 and 0.9.1 :) We
probably didn't advertise these enough though.

> Your attitude is very disappointing.  I hope you reconsider.  Your Hitler
> management style does not match the good will that the helpful, friendly VLC
> contributors have generated over many years.

I guess it would not hurt to be able to read those SAP, at least via
an option, and deprecate its usage gently. The only requirement would
be not to be too invasive in the patch you'll make.

Pierre.