[vlc-devel] 0.9.2 SAP

Rémi Denis-Courmont rdenis at simphalempin.com
Wed Sep 24 16:28:14 CEST 2008

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 21:05:06 +1000, "George Bray" <georgebray at gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 2:24 AM, Rémi Denis-Courmont
> <rem at videolan.org>wrote:
>
>> It's been available for
>> testing for at least nineteen months now. Nobody ever complained until
>> yesterday. Sorry, that's just too late.
>
> Really?  I usually react when I see your test1, testX versions but
looking
> at the list I don't think you followed this tradition with 0.9.2.

We have had nightly build for approximately the entire duration of the
0.9.0 development. We have had 0.9.0-test1 three months ago, then
0.9.0-test2, then 0.9.0-test3, then 0.9.0, then 0.9.1.

> If you build test versions (and invite testing in forums outside the SVN
list)
> then you'll probably get more people testing them.

Yeah, and attract millions of inexperienced users onto test releases. And I
will skip on hte server scalability vs development disruption problems.

> Your attitude is very disappointing.  I hope you reconsider.  Your Hitler
> management style does not match the good will that the helpful, friendly
> VLC contributors have generated over many years.

I really like when users don't contribute and complains. I really love when
we are being insulted by users.

P.S.: Please give me your home address so I can send the slander monetary
damages settlement request.