[vlc-devel] 0.9.2 SAP

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Wed Sep 24 19:08:33 CEST 2008

Le mercredi 24 septembre 2008 19:04:44 Marian Ďurkovič, vous avez écrit :
> On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 04:58:23PM +0200, Derk-Jan Hartman wrote:
> > If people send some examples, I'm sure we could try and improve it a
> > bit.
>
> Most of the failed SAPs on the global multicast network are coming from
> VLC 0.8.6 or earlier - they don't have the correct order of fields.

No problems with 0.8.6h.
I won't try older versions with those remotely exploitable SAP parser bugs.

> So by rejecting those we're in fact shooting in our own feet.

If it gives an incentive for people to their emitters, and if it pisses off
George Bray, then it looks very good to me. The Nazi's feet are fine.

http://git.remlab.net/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=vlc-courmisch.git;a=summary