[vlc-devel] Audio Filter Question

Kevin DuBois kdub432 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 19:35:33 CEST 2008

Eh, i doubt thats the case. VLC does a poor job at recognizing what PCM
audio format its handling (at least in the transcoding audio chain). I would
double check that you're getting the PCM format you're expecting before
blaming threads. I was working on fixing that up before school got in the
way... :-(

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 1:53 PM, Bryan Freeman <bryguy1299 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am having some problems creating a simple audio filter and I am wondering
> if you might be able to offer some advice. I added a post here (
> http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=50412) but have not received
> any responses.
>
> I am able to hear the song playing in the background but there is lots of
> noise and static. I'm not quite sure what would be introducing the noise.
> The next thing I was thinking of trying was grabbing a mutex lock on the
> input buffer in case other threads are modifying the buffer at the same time
> I'm trying to copy it but I'm not sure if that will make any difference.
>
> Just wondering if you could see anything fundamentally wrong with what I'm
> doing so far.
>
> Thanks in advance for your time.
>
> Thanks,
> BryGuy

Kevin DuBois
kdub432 at gmail.com
PGP Key fingerprint = 80CF 7C1D 0A1C BE03 2203  95B6 1515 C3DC B6BE 7E88