[vlc-devel] ASF-Demultiplexer issue

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Sat Sep 27 15:05:11 CEST 2008

On 24 sep 2008, at 17:07, madRat wrote:
> Hello Thedj.
>
> The issue is follows: ASF demultiplexer no set i_phyisicalchannels and
> some transcoders/encoder generate wrong stream information (if the
> player attach codecs by data - works well, if it uses headers info -
> some times go wrong)

This is also not the job of the ASF demux (unless as an override).
If you have an issue here, then it is because the decoder or encoder
does not set these values properly.
And I'm quite sure that the avcodec module indeed does not do this,
because until this moment, ffmpeg doesn't have an API for proper
channelinformation communication.

If anyone has any ideas ?

DJ