[vlc-devel] Strings in preferences not translated?

Myckel Habets myckel at sdf.lonestar.org
Sun Apr 5 21:42:41 CEST 2009

On Sun, 5 Apr 2009 18:45:58 +0300
Rémi Denis-Courmont <rem at videolan.org> wrote:

> Le dimanche 5 avril 2009 18:39:57 Myckel Habets, vous avez écrit :
> > I've noticed that many strings in the preferences window of the
> > master branch aren't translated, while they are translated in the
> > language file. Is this already known/worked on?
>
> This is probably a software bug. Can you provide an example?

Here are a few examples from the interface section:

- Display mode
- Integrate video in interface
- Show a controller in fullscreen
- Resize interface to video size
- Skin file
- Allow only one instance

I reset the plugin cache, but that didn't give any change in respect to
this.

I noticed that these strings also don't show up in vlc.pot and that the
translated strings got into the "obsolete" section of the translated
file after updating the catalog.

Myckel