[vlc-devel] Strings in preferences not translated?

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at chewa.net
Mon Apr 6 14:10:17 CEST 2009

Le 5 avril 2009 16:45, Rémi Denis-Courmont <rem at videolan.org> a écrit :
> Le dimanche 5 avril 2009 18:39:57 Myckel Habets, vous avez écrit :
>> I've noticed that many strings in the preferences window of the master
>> branch aren't translated, while they are translated in the language
>> file. Is this already known/worked on?
>
> This is probably a software bug. Can you provide an example?

Well it's partly a software bug i.e gettext or autopoint not caring
for generated sources and builddir!=srcdir and partly a human bug
because i manage to do exactly the same error for the second set of
pot and po files i generated specifically to fix the issue.

So yes the current vlc.pot is missing the strings coming from qt4/ui/*.ui
I commited a fix^Whack yesterday but haven't yet regenerated the pot file.

A more elegant solution is in progress but nvolve getting rid of autopoint.

--
Xtophe