[vlc-devel] Core Animation OpenGL Layer (MacOS X) - no video

Andre-John Mas ajmas at sympatico.ca
Fri Apr 10 23:09:55 CEST 2009

On 10-Apr-2009, at 13:45, Felix Paul Kühne wrote:

> Hello André-John,
>
> the Core Animation vout isn't designed to be used within VLC.app. It
> is only suited for use with VLCKit, an Objective-C framework based
> upon VLC which allows you to use VLC in external application (kind
> of similar to the way QTKit works).

Ah okay. From a usage perspective this isn't necessarily clear.

> So, I strongly recommend you to continue to use the OpenGL vout
> (which should be faster anyway) on Mac OS X.
>
> It is very nice to see people trying the nightly builds and
> reporting back. So, if you notice something else (besides for a
> blocking progress-bar dialogue in some situations, which I'll fix in
> the next days), I'd be glad to hear about it.

I have opened a couple tickets for issues in 1.0.0-pre1: one is for
Windows and the other for MacOS X.

https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/2647
http://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/2649

On a separate note, the upload form:

http://streams.videolan.org/upload/

is causing me some issues, since it complains about missing version
number, even when is clearly specified. I wanted to upload the test
cases.

André-John