[vlc-devel] Bind VLC Keys to Qt menu shortcuts

Jean-Philippe André jpeg at videolan.org
Sat Apr 11 20:18:05 CEST 2009

Le samedi 11 avril 2009 à 07:46:39, Rémi Denis-Courmont a écrit :
> Le samedi 11 avril 2009, Jean-Philippe André a écrit :
> > To be very honest, I'm not sure this is the best way of handling
> > these events.
> > Also, the main menu bar events (Eg. Alt+A) may have some little
> > issues (the menu won't disappear if you click in the vout).
>
> I am not very keen on the idea that we would convert keys in both
> directions. That sounds prone to looping infinitely.
>
> In my opinion, the bug really lies in the video output rather than the
> user interface. It should simply _not_ catch key press events when it
> is embedded inside a foreign window (from any of the qt4, drawable or
> xcb_window plugins).

Actually, there should not be infinite loops because in this patch we
immediately call the QAction bound to the key, instead of transmitting
the key event to Qt. The worse that can happen is a function called twice
(first by the core or hotkeys, second by Qt, maybe like Ctrl+Q).
This is why I find this quite ugly.

Still, I can only agree with you one the second point, but I have no
idea how to do that.

Best regards,

--
Jean-Philippe André (jpeg)