[vlc-devel] Bind VLC Keys to Qt menu shortcuts

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Sat Apr 11 18:46:39 CEST 2009

Le samedi 11 avril 2009, Jean-Philippe André a écrit :
> To be very honest, I'm not sure this is the best way of handling
> these events.
> Also, the main menu bar events (Eg. Alt+A) may have some little
> issues (the menu won't disappear if you click in the vout).

I am not very keen on the idea that we would convert keys in both
directions. That sounds prone to looping infinitely.

In my opinion, the bug really lies in the video output rather than the
user interface. It should simply _not_ catch key press events when it
is embedded inside a foreign window (from any of the qt4, drawable or
xcb_window plugins).

http://www.remlab.net/