[vlc-devel] Add a us_strtof function to avoid problem with comma and point in equalizer

Cyril MATHE cmathe at actech-innovation.com
Thu Apr 16 10:50:16 CEST 2009

Le mercredi 15 avril 2009 à 15:44 +0300, Rémi Denis-Courmont a écrit :
> Le mercredi 15 avril 2009, Cyril MATHE a écrit :
> > I don't think so because the configuration are saved and after
> > changing LC_NUMERIC they are restored.
>
> Float values are loaded/saved using the US format. But that does not
> apply to strings.

In the QT interface values in strings are saved and read with point
although my computer is not using US format. Default option in VLC is to
read save float value in string with point, but when using moz-plugin,
firefox seems to change this option and so I have a problem to read
those string coming from VLC. Actually in moz-plugin strtof is looking
for a coma not a point, and this is to avoid this problem that I need
us_strtof.