[vlc-devel] New Document Icons for Mac OS X

Pierre d'Herbemont pdherbemont at free.fr
Wed Apr 29 20:59:01 CEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 11:33 AM, Dominic Spitaler
<dominic.spitaler at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2. That's the generic Icon used for every filetype there's no special icon
> for.
> Of course a more meaningful subtitle icon could be done, but I have no idea
> how that could look like. Suggestions?

Well, fake text blended in the back of the icon? Don't know if it
would look fine though.

> 3. Well that's what the Human Interface Guidelines suggest,
> I thought It would be a good Idea to follow them.
> I love consistency and they blend really well with for example
> the Quicktime, iTunes or the Preview document icon…

Good point.

> Audio Icon
> Video Icon
> Generic Icon

That reminds me. We also support playlist file type such as .m3u and .xspf

I don't really think you need to worry about getting all the extension
name for a first pass of course.

What would be awesome is to get more feedback here (Felix?), and get
the icon in a suitable format to be actually.

Thanks,

Pierre.